We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 238 Posts
    Sorry if this has already been posted. I have checked first!
    I can’t get lightbox to work in Internet Explorer. It works in FF mac/pc and safari but in IE it just opens a blank window with the picture in the top left.

Should it work in IE6?
      Web Development, Web Hosting & Search Engine Marketing by:

Vitalized | UK
      w. www.vitalized.co.uk

Website Design | Search Engine Marketing (SEM) | UK MODx web hosting, secure, fast & 100% MODx compatible

Vitalized | Australia
      w. www.vitalized-australia.com.au

Website Design | Search Engine Marketing (SEM) | Australian MODx web hosting, secure, fast & 100% MODx compatible
    • I got the latest Thickbox working well in IE6. You might try that one.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • From the instructions for MaxiGallery, here is some more information on this issue and how to resolve it.

You have to call the snippet on an uncached page using "cached" snippet call i.e [[MaxiGallery]], because the automated javascript/css registration in MODx requires this for now. If you don’t call it this way, sometimes when you view the lightbox enabled galleries, the images may just open in a new window instead of the lightbox.
          • 238 Posts
          I’ve made sure the I call it using [[ ]] and the page isn’t being cached.

Have a look, I’ve just changed the call for a differant effect and now I just get a black bar accross the top of the screen
          http://www.vitalized.co.uk/blog/royalty-free-photos.htm

I’m using the follow to call the script
          [[MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &embedtype=`slidebox` &pics_in_a_row=`3` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`0` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1`]]

I’ve noticed the LightBox diesn’t work on the demo site as well, does it work in IE6?
          http://www.netguru.fi/modx/maxigallery-lightbox2.html
            Web Development, Web Hosting & Search Engine Marketing by:

Vitalized | UK
            w. www.vitalized.co.uk

Website Design | Search Engine Marketing (SEM) | UK MODx web hosting, secure, fast & 100% MODx compatible

Vitalized | Australia
            w. www.vitalized-australia.com.au

Website Design | Search Engine Marketing (SEM) | Australian MODx web hosting, secure, fast & 100% MODx compatible
            • 1,611 Posts
            Lightbox2 works fine in IE6. There must be something going on with your specific installation or configuration of IE. Are you perhaps using an older (unupdated) version?

I just looked at the netguru demo page in IE6 and it works properly. On your page the photos pop up and display normally, but the black background that should cover the entire screen only covers a portion (this is probably the black bar that you refer to). I would bet that something in your JavaScript file or an element name in your layout is conflicting with LightBox and causing that.

I like that Flash movie in your header a lot, btw.
              "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
              • 4,213 Posts
              Quote from: web_designer at Aug 11, 2006, 05:40 PM

Have a look, I’ve just changed the call for a differant effect and now I just get a black bar accross the top of the screen
              http://www.vitalized.co.uk/blog/royalty-free-photos.htm
              I tried with IE6 and FF. Both show the pics in lightbox v2 ok. With IE6 though the overlay is just at the top of the screen and not all the way to the bottom. This is an issue with your site CSS conflicting with Lightbox CSS. Try looking at your page with IE6 web developer extensions and see what element is blocking the overlay div.

Quote from: web_designer at Aug 11, 2006, 05:40 PM

I’ve noticed the LightBox diesn’t work on the demo site as well, does it work in IE6?
              http://www.netguru.fi/modx/maxigallery-lightbox2.html
              The demo opens perfectly fine with IE6 and FF for me. But if you click the pictures before the page has fully loaded, the pictures can open just in new blank window. In the upcoming version, pictures can be set to be hidden while the page is loading to prevent this issue. The dev code has these features in slidebox and lightbox allready, but if you are going to try the trunk release, note that it’s totally unsupported until it becomes the next "official" version.

EDIT: BTW, you know that you can use &thumb_shadow_bgcolor parameter to define the background color of your page when using dropshadows in thumbnails so there wont be that white color behind the shadow.. same goes for other pic sizes.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."