We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 20 Posts
    When I try to save the snippet after pasting the contents of maxigallery.txt I get the following error message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I then tried to create the snippet with only the name and description and with no code and I was able to save it. I then went back and pasted the code into the snippet but it would not save. I got the same error message. Is this likely an actual server error or is something going wrong with ModX?

Thanks
    • Check the following thread to see if this may be related to the problem...

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,4399.0.html
        • 20 Posts
        I don’t think that was the problem. It seems that there is a size limit that’s being reached. I can past about 50% of the code and save it but if I keep adding a few lines the save eventually fails. I got around the problem by editing the database record for the snippet through phpMyAdmin. Thanks for the quick post though.

I wonder how to create multiple galleries? I’d like to have galleries of different topics with some galleries having sub-galleries. I’ve read the docs and searched a little but havent found what I’m looking for just yet. Does anyone know of a forum thread or article that might help?

Thanks again.
          • 4,213 Posts
          Create the galleries to different documents and in the parent documents, you can use childgalleries display mode to list the sub galleries. Or try the MaxiGallerySolo snippet what is in the resource repository in extras, it can display pictures in one document from multiple galleries etc..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • 20 Posts
            Quote from: doze at Jul 31, 2006, 02:37 PM

Create the galleries to different documents and in the parent documents, you can use childgalleries display mode to list the sub galleries. Or try the MaxiGallerySolo snippet what is in the resource repository in extras, it can display pictures in one document from multiple galleries etc..

I don’t seem to get the basic premise here. What is "childgalleries display mode"? I can’t seem to find any documentation on the parameters available or even documentation of the snippet call syntax. I only found the sample snippet calls on the demo page. Is the detailed documentation here on the forums somewhere? The documentation on the download page is a bit sparse for purposes other that setting up a basic gallery using a snippet call from one of the demos. I’m not bashing the docs, I’m just saying for a ModX newbie they’re a little thin :-0

Can you point to some further reading please? Thanks.

• In the unzipped package you will find MaxiGallery_Parameters_EN.html.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 20 Posts
                That helps. Thank you. Could someone help out with some pointers to using child galleries? I’d like to have a page that has multiple images that when selected link to another gallery. Each of those galleries may in turn have child galleries. How would I go about setting up the initial page? would it be a gallery with each image in the gallery being a child gallery? I’m kinda stuck here.

Thanks for the assist.
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  1. Create a folder document and call the snippet on there like [[MaxiGallery? &display=`childgalleries`]]
                  2. Create documents under that folder and place gallery calls there using something like [[MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &embedtype=`lightboxv2` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1`]] for example.
                  3. Upload some pictures to the galleries.
                  4. View the folder document.
                  5. You can also create the links to subgalleries with MaxiGallerySolo.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."