We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Lets assume that i make a Gallery with max_thumb_size=150
    i upload the pictures, everything is fine.
    later i wanted to have drop_shadow=1
    I add this to the snippetstring but nothing happens.
    How can i rebuild the thumbnails?
      • 4,213 Posts
      If you’re talking about MaxiGallery snippet, it’s not possible in the current state of it.. You could do an additional snippet what would add dropshadows to the thumbnails quite easily though. But with this version, you’d have to re-upload pics to the gallery. Sorry.

The next release of MaxiGallery will introduce the templating features (done by Marc) and have some bugfixes plus few smaller new features. After this is done, I’ll start to do a "rewrite" version from the snippet what will be somewhat different (not sure if it will be 100% backwards compatible, but if not, I’ll do a migration script for it). In this version, it will be possible to change the setting for any individual picture/gallery/section at anytime. But don’t expect to see this snippet anytime soon, I’m very busy currently with my daytime work and unless somebody offers to help, it may take some time..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 1,732 Posts
        Another thing that you could do is to use IE’s CSS behaviors to add the drop-shadow effect to just about anything.
          xWisdom
          www.xwisdomhtml.com
          The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
          MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • LOL ... but that leaves all non-IE users out in the cold. On this site, it’d be over 40% of the users!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,732 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Jul 11, 2006, 01:26 PM

LOL ... but that leaves all non-IE users out in the cold. On this site, it’d be over 40% of the users!

True! It would not work for non-IE browsers but it’s the quickest way to to get the special effects to 40% of your viewers until you’re able to do otherwise.
              xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.