We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi all,

Im new to MODx and love it so far - great job!! Having a few problems, getting certain things sorted but first is this:

Fatal error: Class 'Thumbnail' not found in C:\wamp\www\site\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()'d code on line 451

Im new to PHP, new to WAMP, new to MODx.....Im a nub smiley so any help here is greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advanced!
    • Welcome to the community Eyekon! smiley

Onto the problem ... can you please check to make sure that the Thumbnail.class.php file is present in the ’watermarks/’ directory where you installed the snippet. It seems it’s not liking the file include at all.

WAMP can be problematic in a few areas as well, so if you can confirm the above then it will help to zone down on the issue.

Thanks, Garry
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
        • 3 Posts
        Hi Gary - thanks for the welcome and the help!

I should also have put that I am on the latest version of MODx smiley

ok - i checked the file and it is present here:
        C:\wamp\www\site\assets\snippets\maxigallery\watermark\Thumbnail.class.php

I re-installed Maxi today but am getting a different error now:

« MODx Parse Error »
        MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
        « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
          Error: 	mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory	 
          Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
          File: 	C:\wamp\www\site\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()'d code	 
          Line: 	936	 

Parser timing
          MySQL: 	0.0016 s s	(3 Requests)
          PHP: 	0.0731 s s	 
          Total: 	0.0747 s s

Any ideas? sad
          • 1,193 Posts
          The ’mkdir’ function doesn’t function correctly on Windows when the path
          contains forward slashes. The part of the path with the forward slashes
          doesn’t get created.

mkdir(’c:/a/b/c/d’, 0775, true);

You get the error message:
          Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory

Please use backslashes under Windows or use the constant DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.

mkdir(’c:\a\b\c\d’, 0775, true);
          mkdir(’c:’.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’a’.
          DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’b’.
          DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’c’.
          DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’d’, 0775, true);

Just so you know, I did not know the answer to that question, but a google search for:
          Error: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory
          gets your answer on the first result. Don’t ever doubt the power of google, and please, remember to search around a bit first, the answer is generally closer than you think. Greater than the power of google is the power that comes from being autonomous!

-sD-
            Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
            All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
            • 3 Posts
            Hi Scotty,

Thanks for the suggestion about the slash - What exactly do I change to fix this problem?

I’ve went to the manager -> system Configuration and changed 2 items:
            - Resource path
            - File Manager Path

Both now have \ rather than / in their paths.... But I still have the same error when i try to upload an image to the MaxiGallery. Is there another location I have to change this?

mkdir(’c:\a\b\c\d’, 0775, true);
            mkdir(’c:’.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’a’.
            DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’b’.
            DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’c’.
            DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.’d’, 0775, true);

Where do I do this from please?

Also the DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR you refered to - I cannot find a mention of this in the MODx code. Nor can I find it in php.ini. Where to I find this please? I’d assume that because Im running windows and using WAMP that its configured to use the correct slash?

Im sure all this is very easy when you know how, at the moment - I don’t. sad All this is new to me, but Im eager to learning! smiley
              • 1,193 Posts
              Yeah, like I said, I don’t know the answer to the question, and I don’t know how it works, but I did a google search for the error you posted (something I reccomend you do BEFORE you post) and I got pages and pages of results. the first result was from the php.net manual. I just copied and pasted that suggestion from the PHP manual. I would start there to look for your answer. Like I said, I don’t know how to fix your dilema, or exactly what is going on, and it does not involve me (I am stuck with Mac OS X so I have all sorts of uniqe problems) so I am not going to do any research into your problem. but I posted a link above (in my last post) that takes you right to the google search. seriously man, start there. I guarentee the results will be more satisfying if you find them yourself! laugh

-sD-
                Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                • 4,213 Posts
                That "mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directory" error can also come if you don’t have the galleries folder in assets directory.. but if you have it in place, I suggest that you search for "$path_to_galleries" in the snippet source code and change the slashes to the other way around (around line 173). Then search for "$path_to_gal=$path_to_galleries" and change the slash at the end of the line too (around line 867).

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."