We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 55 Posts
    Hello,

I have just installed the snippet [MaxiGallerie], but when I test uploader an image (* gif or * png) I have this error message which appears:
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error: 	exif_read_data(camera.gif): file not supported	 
      Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
      File: 	/homepages/36/d146326123/htdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(691) : eval()'d code	 
      Line: 	614

Thank you for the possible assistance which you will be able to bring to me.

if you wish it, you can answer me in French on this topic http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,4562.msg33009.html

Afflicted for my English
      • 4,213 Posts
      That’s because exif data can be read only from JPEG or TIFF images.. I’ll fix that in a future release. Thanks for reporting it!

In the meantime, you can fix your copy by commenting out lines 613 through 618. And by commenting out I mean that you place /* to the start of line 613 and */ to the end of line 618. That will prevent the snippet reading exif data from any picture (it’s not important, normally the snippet just tries to get the creation dates/times to the pictures from the exif data).

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 55 Posts
        Ok thanks Doze.