We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Yes.

I checked the following directory:
    mod/manager/includes/extenders/
    and the file is called; dbapi.mysql.class.inc.php

Is there any other files that may be directing the install routine to the wrong file?

I did notice that on my phpMyAdmin home page that it indicated that under the MySQL heading and then Create new database there was an "X No Privileges" status. 

I am able to create a database in the cPanel. 

• I should learn to read the previous posts properly, OpenGeek already picked up on my observation rolleyes

When the database creation is handled by CPanel, I think it’s a standard thing to find that phpMyAdmin has ’No Privileges’ set for the database creation - it’s how my host has it configured and I’ve had no problems with the installation.

Have you tried an install without creating the blank config.inc.php? The install should create this for you.

ps. Does Cpanel add any prefixes to the database name? If so, you’ll need to reflect in the setting during the install process - just an idea, as that’s caught me out a few times in the past.
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
        • 18 Posts
        Just did.

I get:
        Checking if manager/includes/config.inc.php is writable: Failed!

For new Linux/Unix installs, please create a blank file named config.inc.php in the manager/includes/ directory with file permissions set to 777.

• 18 Posts
          I took a peak at the document.parser.class.inc.php file in the following directory /public_html/mod/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php

on line 42 to reads:
          include_once $base_path.’/manager/includes/extenders/dbapi.’.$database_type.’.class.inc.php’;
          $this->db = new DBAPI;
          • Two problems:

1. The config file is simply not being written to at installation. You need to fix that. And file permissions for writing are actually 666. 777 is for folders you need to be able to create a new file within a PHP script. This also only applies to systems where the user running the web server process is different from the owner of the files. For instance, using CGI mode via phpSuExec or other FastCGI-systems that are becoming more and more popular, this kind of permission changing is not necessary. It’s all dependent on your server configuration.

Once #1 is accomplished, the $database_type var with be set and all will be good with loading the dbapi.

2. Make sure your new database is also assigned a new database user with full permissions. This is typically done in the same tab in CPanel as creating new databases, further down the page.
              • 18 Posts
              Ok.

1. I am not clear on how I fix the file not being written to.

2. I double checked and the user has full privileges.

Thanks
                • 258 Posts
                If you log in via ssh and do an ’ls -l’ on the config.inc.php file, what does it show please?
                Also do an ’ls -ld’ on the manager directory and the includes directory
                  • 18 Posts
                  ls -l on config.inc.php shows
                  -rwxrwxrwx (777)

’ls -ld’ on the manager directory:
                  drwxr-xr-x (755)

’ls -ld’ on the the includes directory:
                  drwxr-xr-x (755)

• 18 Posts
                    Thank you all for your help. I went to my hosting provider who helped me understand that I needed to log in as the root user and use my top level account (I have a virtual private server and I was using a sub account) in order for the browser based install routine to work.

It’s installed now grin
                    • Glad to hear you got it working! smiley Thanks for letting us know.
                        Garry Nutting
                        Senior Developer
                        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                        Twitter: @garryn
                        Web: modx.com