We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 131 Posts
    We have been using MODx for our clients for the passed couple of years now. This whole time, my boss didn’t realize, that after hand over, the client would still need some sort of photo editing software to prepare (crop/shrink) images for upload. At the very least, to shrink images to a reasonable size.

He is now freaking out because this whole time he hasn’t been passing this information to the client. No matter HOW many times I told him that the clients can use GIMP or Picasa for free, he kept walking around the office going, "Oh great, now people need to buy Photoshop." >:( Gahh!!!

My questions are:
    Okay! Finally b*tching out of the way...is there a free image editing software that you suggest for your clients? and are there common questions or issues that arise after handover due to image handling?

• 131 Posts
      Oh, by the way I’m talking about contextual images and images to be used in the template eg. header images. Not images to be added to a photo gallery.
        • 589 Posts
        Quote from: sarah@ICD at May 30, 2011, 07:20 AM

...is there a free image editing software that you suggest for your clients?

Online: Pixlr
        Offline: Paint.net (Windows)
          • 307 Posts
          hi,

another solution, actually the one i’ve definitely picthed on is to write a module that does all this... shrink, crop (with a javascript/php cropper) and even put a watermark if needed each time my clients have to upload images.
          this makes me sure the image will be cropped with the exact dimensions the design needs what is not sure at all if you let them do this with photoshop, pixlr or else, believe me... smiley and you know what, they love that and its a good reason for them keeping uploading new images ine the galleries, just to play with it smiley

Have swing
            réfléchir avant d'agir