We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 711 Posts
    Hi all !!

I want to affect documents to categories but I think it is not possible. A solution is to create folder to store my documents but I can’t modify my site structure. Does a solution exist?

Thanks
      Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !
      • 1,039 Posts
      Don´t understand, what do you mean with "categories"? Perhaps create a TV and assign your categeries to it (with dropdown or whatever). Then go through your documents and choose the category for each (Think of @inherit to not surf all docs perhaps). I don´t know what you want to do with this "affection", but with TVs you can use newslisting to display and sort them and so on. If I am totally wrong (what I guess wink ), please try to be more precise smiley

Marc
        • 1,495 Posts
        I believe you’re talking about features like taxonomy in drupal. am I correct?

It’s not yet supported, but you can use TV and use the concept of tagging, which some people pointed out the solution in thif forum, but I don’t know where to find it again.
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 711 Posts
          In fact, I have news with different topics. I want to set a category to my news. A solution is to use directory to store each news, with the directory name as the topic name, but I can’t change my website structure.

I don’t know how use TV to do that without weighing down Modx. I think a table in a database would be better. I think to a plugin to do that but I found nothing.

I don’t know taxonomy but I will see it.
            Sorry for my english. I'm french... My dictionary is near me, but it's only a dictionary !