We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hey folks, checking out modx for the first time.

I need to create a site with several photo gallery pages. For each page, I would like to be able to do the following:

• A single larger image is displayed with short caption below, with thumbnail carousel external to larger image (preferably along the side) for selecting new image to display.
    • Mouse hover over larger image displays a longer description in a text area external to the image.
    • Mouse click on the larger image pops an even larger image in a lightbox of some sort.
    • Slideshow unique to each gallery might be nice, but as an option, not automatically engaged.
    I’m hoping you gurus out there can tell me a) is this possible? and b) where should I start?

Can MaxiGallery pull this off? Is there a better solution?

I’m just getting my feet wet with javascript and php. I have read the modx docs and tutorials and think I have a good handle on the basics of the system. I’m not looking to be led by the hand here, just wanting some wise and experienced advice. Thanks!