We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hello - New to Modx, but slowly figuring it out. Just throwing this out there.... Has anyone found an image gallery that works with Modx, other than MaxiGallery or the G2 mod? I am not all that familiar with php, or javascript, so I was wondering if there was anything out there that a non developer could use, and install easily?

Please, please, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you much!
    Julie
      • 4,205 Posts
      Describe what you are looking for. MaxiGallery can do some very cool stuff.
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • 4,213 Posts
        I replied to your post in the other topic.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 16 Posts
          Hi Dev - I am attempting to emmulate this site.

http://adoptions.bestfriends.org/Default.aspx?Ne=1&N=4294967262

• 4,213 Posts
            For that kind of "gallery", I would suggest to do each "picture" as a separate document and have TV fields for the picture data, such as Breed, Gender, Age, Size, Location etc.. For the image field, use phx:phpThumb modifier to make it automatically create certain size pictures from the uploaded ones. Then use Ditto to create the "thumbnail" view. With Ditto, you can easily take it further later on by adding various filters or search feature to find specific type of "pictures". Then use FDM snippet to create the possibility for logged in users to post new "pictures", eg. create new documents from the front end.

This all requires some amount of work to get it going, but would be the best way to do it, IMHO. You can do the same with MaxiGallery little bit easier, but in the long run, the document per gallery item option will be better.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 16 Posts
              Thank you doze. I am sure Maxigallery is A #1, but I really dont’ know enough to get it going on my end. Plus, we have dozens of dogs coming in every year, and to create a new document fo each one, would become cumbersome. I would really like to use the G2mod, but I don’t see any new information or updates, so I am attempting to use iframe and play with the css. until i can get it going with a mod.

Thank you so much for attempting to point me in the right direction.