We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 255 Posts
    It’s been quite a while since I last set up a site with MODx - almost two years in fact - however, I’ve decided to come back to my favorite CMS after a little Internet detour wink.

Basically I’ve got a few wishes, and I’m not sure how I could best handle this using premade code; I’m trying to set up a page with about 6 images (a small facebook), each of them having at least a short caption (name, function) and possibly a description. I know MaxiGallery is capable of displaying roughly the images I’d like to see them (such as here) however, I haven’t seen a way to also display a caption on the main page yet.

Any pointers or good advice would be more than welcome to ease my journey wink
      • 9 Posts
      Hi,
      honestly, I have a similar question. I started with MODx a couple of days ago and I don’t know which sollution is recommended by power users:)

Maxigallery or Gallery 2? Or something else? Mayube, I would stick to the official snippets. What do you think guys?

P.

• 255 Posts
        Quote from: hribek25 at Sep 11, 2008, 10:48 AM

Hi,
        honestly, I have a similar question. I started with MODx a couple of days ago and I don’t know which sollution is recommended by power users:)

Maxigallery or Gallery 2? Or something else? Mayube, I would stick to the official snippets. What do you think guys?

P.

I’ve been playing around with MaxiGallery a lot now, and it can basically do anything you want, the limitation though is that it’s just not as advanced as Gallery2. However, this is compensated by the fact that it integrates way neater and doesn’t require you to log in to another app. I’d recommend you try MaxiGallery first and if you figure you’ll need more ’power’ you can always just switch over to G2.
          • 4,205 Posts
          MaxiGallery2? Is that a new version of MaxiGallery or is it something else?
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 255 Posts
            Quote from: dev_cw at Sep 11, 2008, 11:11 AM

MaxiGallery2? Is that a new version of MaxiGallery or is it something else?
            That’s just my mind mixing Gallery2 and MaxiGallery, fixed now wink