We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Greetings,

I’m working with another person to create a new website for our volunteer organization. I have extensive experience with other CMS products (esp. Drupal and CMSMS), but this is my first time using MODx. We’ve got a functional site up and running, and I’m pretty happy with it. It took me a fraction of the time to get a functional site compared to what it takes me with Drupal. I have questions about two things though. Or rather, I guess I’m looking for plugins to do these two things. Perhaps someone can enlighten. I’ve browsed through the Resources pages, but haven’t found quite what I’m looking for. The two things we’re trying to accomplish are:

-easy way to upload video clips- or can this be done using the existing media gallery through TinyMCE?

-some sort of photo gallery that allows us to attach captions to the images

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    • Your Gallery will most likely be more than well-served via MaxiGallery. I’ll let others address the video bits.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 386 Posts
        Presumably you want a manager user to upload videos, or do you mean your web users?

If the former, and you have plenty of bandwidth available and are happy with progressive download (rather than true streaming), you can easily upload video in your format of choice using a TV of type ’File’ associated with your template. You’d then deliver it using whatever media player you like in your template - for flash video (FLV) you could use FlvPlayer snippet. Add in Jot for commenting and you’re done.
          Snippets: GoogleMap | FileDetails | Related Plugin: SSL