We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi there..
    I’m new on MODx, and still trying hard to understand how to configure...

I’ve already installing Gallery2 for MODx 1.1.2.
    Installing goes fine. But when I try to manage the gallery (by click the "Gallery Admin" link), there is an error message on the screen, said :
    Warning: G2CMS_Admin::require_once(embed.php) [function.G2CMS-Admin-require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\www\modx\assets\modules\gallery\g2cms.admin.class.inc.php on line 27

Fatal error: G2CMS_Admin::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'embed.php' (include_path='D:/www/modx/manager/includes/') in D:\www\modx\assets\modules\gallery\g2cms.admin.class.inc.php on line 27  

Is there any other module or snippet needed ?
      • 177 Posts
      That error seems to indicate that the "G2 path" in the Gallery2 module Configuration tab is not set properly. It’s looking in the wrong place for the "embed.php" file which is in the top directory for the Gallery2 scripts.

On a side note, my G2 install says it’s 1.1.1 so I’ll be checking to make sure I’m using the latest version.
        • 3 Posts
        Quote from: Chuck at Feb 17, 2008, 05:06 PM

That error seems to indicate that the "G2 path" in the Gallery2 module Configuration tab is not set properly. It’s looking in the wrong place for the "embed.php" file which is in the top directory for the Gallery2 scripts.

On a side note, my G2 install says it’s 1.1.1 so I’ll be checking to make sure I’m using the latest version.

Thanks for your respond. I’ve searched through the web folders but can’t find it.
        Seems it need another components to work.
          • 177 Posts
          Just so I’m clear, embed.php is from Gallery2 and should be in your Gallery2 directory, not a MODx directory. Did you paste the "text" into the Gallery2 Configuration tab per the install instructions so that the form boxes appear and allow you to enter the appropriate directories? Those are the entries that I think are tripping you up.
            • 3 Posts
            Thanks for your help, now the previous error has solved as I install Gallery2 to my server. A new link called "Gallery" has shown at the navigation bar.
            But then I find a new error when I try to access "Gallery Admin", it said :

Error (GALLERY_SUCCESS)
            * in at line 0

*I’ve already uploaded some photos to my gallery [@ gallery2]
              • 16 Posts
              Hello smiley

I too am having this error, and have not yet seen a fix posted for it.

My current installation is:
              Modx 0.9.6.1
              g2module 1.1.2
              Gallery2.0.4

I origionally had gallery vs 2.2.5 but was not able to see images.

Now I have 2.0.4 installed, and am getting this error message

Error (GALLERY_SUCCESS)
              in at line 0

Please help if you can.