We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 826 Posts
    Thanks
      Marc
      I'm French... Sorry for my bad English, I use ' Google Translator' or other... but that remains that tools wink
      • 15 Posts
      Marc,

It had been a few months now, I am trying to follow up on my request from before, e.g. the .flv file. Have you have a chance to look further into my request and problems that I reported? Thanks.
      • Quote from: jess1 at Mar 06, 2007, 05:40 PM

Problem: I noticed, if I put 2 or more different Media file in one page, it will just detect the first media file and play that one and disregard the rest.

I solved this by modifying the the Snippet-Code from
        include_once $snipPath."simplevideoshow.inc.php";

to
        include $snipPath."simplevideoshow.inc.php";

Is there any reason, why the snippet-code is only loaded once per page?

Regards
        Jako
          • 142 Posts
          I suspect it’s to stop any re-declarations of functions within the included php code. This causes mucho grief on occasions when an include is repeatedly called in-page.

I could be wrong, but that’s my tuppence!
            p i x e l p u s h e r e x t r o d i n a i r e
            A x i s A n i m a t i o n . c o m
          • Quote from: TXRX at Sep 03, 2007, 03:47 PM

I suspect it’s to stop any re-declarations of functions within the included php code. This causes mucho grief on occasions when an include is repeatedly called in-page.

I agree, but the include is the only thing that is executed in the snippet. So there is only one movie/panorama possible per page. This is a strange behavior of a snippet and with the modification this page works well displaying three quicktime panoramas.

Regards
            Jako
              • 826 Posts
              You can find the last version wink
                Marc
                I'm French... Sorry for my bad English, I use ' Google Translator' or other... but that remains that tools wink
                • 8 Posts
                I’ve got problem with using SimpleVideoShow and Ditto!
                Without Ditto it works ok, but with Ditto it doesn’t work, just shows me the snippet call itself:
                <strong>28.11.2007</strong>

<strong>Intel </strong>

russian presentation video

[!SimpleVideoShow? &video=`intel.avi`!]

<a href="assets/media/video/intel.avi"><span style="color: #b02500">скачать(12мб)</span></a>

And I don’t know what to do...
                  • 8 Posts
                  the solution was just change snippet call to [[SimpleVideoShow? &video=`intel.avi`]] - i.e. double braces
                    • 2,204 Posts
                    Nice snippet
                    but somehow the parameter in ie for showstatusbar does not work. in ff the statusbar is gone but in ie its still there (using wmv so it wil be windows media player).
                    is this a known problem?
                    and if so is there a fix?

the &showcontrols=`false` does not work at all for wmv.

follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                      • 826 Posts
                      Hi Dimmy,

I have not reviewed this snippet for some time.
                      The behaviour of the parameter ’showstatusbar’ is not due to the snippet but IE, which does not meet the standards.
                      The snippet is only generate code for a video display within the W3C recommendations: It avoids the use of tags ’embled’
                      If you have a proposal to improve I am listening
                        Marc
                        I&#39;m French... Sorry for my bad English, I use &#39; Google Translator&#39; or other... but that remains that tools wink