We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,198 Posts
    In standalone mode Gallery works without issue
      Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
      -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
      • 1,131 Posts
      A couple of things I notice that might help in the development of this module:

First, the latest version, Gallery 2.1.1, doesn’t work with this module due to the API changes.

Second, the URL Rewrite module will work but it will require some custom rules to be set. I’ve only played around with one rule, the Show Item rule, and got it to work. I noticed that without the use of the URL Rewrite module that specific parameters were being set in the URL. So...on a hunch, I enabled the module and set the Show Item rule to this:

photogallery.html?g2_itemId=%itemId%

It’s necessary to use the full page name so that MODx doesn’t freak out. I wish that the rule could use the [~xx~] syntax for assigning the page name...but of course MODx is not able to parse it out since this is more on a mod_rewrite level. However, it works and that’s what really matters. I’ll probably will be playing around with this and see if I can discover some of the other variables that can be used with the rules. Only one I’m stumped on is the links for Advanced Search and SlideShow.

So, on that note, the two things on the list that probably need to be addressed is the custom rules for the URL Rewrite module and the updated API in the latest version of Gallery. Hope this info helps the devs! laugh
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 1,198 Posts
        Quote from: Bravado at May 18, 2006, 08:56 PM

First, the latest version, Gallery 2.1.1, doesn’t work with this module due to the API changes.

grin ok..... i’m using latest 2.1.1a rolleyes
          Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design