We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    Hello =)

There’s been previous discussion on this topic but they have endend on a "what’s best ecommerce for MODx" debate. After considering the options, I’m going the PrestaShop way for two reasons: features and large community base.

My development experience is limited, so I’m hoping experienced MODx coders could lend a hand: what are the basic steps to develop a bridge, where to start from and so on. Initially, I’m thinking basic user integration (MODx webusers versus PrestaShop registered shop customers).

IMHO MODx could really benefit from a free, extensive ecommerce solution like PrestaShop. Who knows, create a MODx/Presta fork later on for full integration =P
      • 34 Posts
      Looking a little closer at PrestaShops modules and add-ons I found out that most of them (or the more indispensable ones) are paid. This is a major put-off, specially because their prices are quite high. sad

Also, some of the flaming and comments I’ve run across in the discussion board really surprised me, in a bad way. embarrassed

So, we’re back to the "best ecommerce solution for MODx" debate =P. Maybe OpenCart?
        • 1 Posts
        I just used Prestashop for the first time and, although I only needed need two extra modules (only one of which was paid for and was just $20), I found it a pleasurable and fairly pain free experience, with quick and knowledgeable help from the forum for most of my questions. The only possible criticism about the forum was requests for answers to questions that had already been answered. Which is fair enough, that’s what the forum search facility is for.
          • 964 Posts
          I went with OpenCart after checking Magento and PrestaShop...
          Magento is huge and geared towards the enterprise shopping experience,
          PrestaShop is very nice but as you discovered, a lot of modules are
          commercial and it uses Smarty. OpenCart is nice, all PHP but it
          depends on one developer only, it is also quite a young project, so
          we will have to keep an eye on it... when I have time I will
          set up a store with OC.

Lately, there is ShopKeeper which looks very very good and also the
          new version of TreasureChest which is commercial too...
            MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner