We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    This morning I created a database for SMF forum, worked great. I was able to log into the forum admin section, customize the template, etc. Then I noticed I could not open the site, can’t open the Modx manager or anything. When I enter the site URL it times out and displays white screen.
    Is this a database problem? Should the forum be in the same database as modx with smf_ table prefix? Just wondering because I created a separate database for the forum. Also, when installing the forum, when it connected to the database successfully it said I should delete the install.php file. I selected the checkbox (that said some servers don’t allow this) and proceded to the forum to set it up. Could this be the step that did something weird to the site? I deleted the forum database, but still no site, just blank white screen. Please tell me my site is not gone. My FTP client, Fetch, shows all my files and templates, snippets, etc still there.
    Please advice. Thanks!