We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 150 Posts
    Has anyone ever done a Basecamp and/or Freshbooks integration into MODx? I’m trying to figure out how hard it would be...wondering if anyone ever messed around with it.

Thanks!
      "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
    • Both of those have fairly robust apis. It really depends on what types of integrations you want to do. Seems to me there would be all sorts of permutations.

Have any ideas in mind?
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 150 Posts
        I haven’t taken the time to draw up all the diagrams, but in a nutshell, here is what I am referring to:

Basecamp: Integrate it so that a project can be referenced from a MODx site, allowing someone (a client) to watch an RSS feed of certain actions partaking to the project. Allow the users that can access that page to post comments to the Basecamp stuff.

Freshbooks: Integrate the invoices so that a list of invoices, balance due, and links for making payments are all available from within the MODx site. This would only be necessary for the clients.

Essentially, taking both technologies and giving the client one spot to look at everything.

Also, don’t know how much you know about Campfire, but now that I think of it, if a connection to Campfire could be made from the client area, so they don’t have to login again, that would be pretty terrific as well.
          "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein