We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 256 Posts
    Just wondering what anyone on here has done in the way of Silverlight integration. My primary reason for asking was that I was trying to integrate silverlight checking into Google Analyytics. I came across this post (http://helloszabi.com/post/81116183/silverlight-tracking-with-google-analytics), but whe I tried to add the
    <script type="text/javascript" src="silverlight.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      var hasSilverlight = Boolean(window.Silverlight); 
      var hasSilverlight1 = hasSilverlight && Silverlight.isInstalled('1.0'); 
      var hasSilverlight2 = hasSilverlight && Silverlight.isInstalled('2.0'); 
      if (hasSilverlight1) { pageTracker._trackEvent("silverlight", "v1"); }
      if (hasSilverlight2) { pageTracker._trackEvent("silverlight", "v2"); }
      if (!hasSilverlight1 && !hasSilverlight2) { pageTracker._trackEvent("silverlight", "none"); }
    </script>

into the Google Analytics plugin, the plugin stopped working.

I’d be really grateful if someone could help me get this working.
      PM me to find out how you can get a FREE ipad 2!
      • 285 Posts
      Do you absolutely have to use the Google Analytics plugin? I used to use it, but found it a bit unreliable (it was certainly missing some pages, don’t know why) so I just pasted the analytics javascript into the template. (Yeah, I know that then picks up views via the manager, but they were a statistically insignificant proportion.)

What I guess I’m saying is, can you just forget about the analytics plugin and put the analytics and silverlight code directly into your templates?
        • 256 Posts
        Our site gets a large amount of hits, is is being almost constantly edited. (almost 3000 pages). Skipping manager page views is important.
          PM me to find out how you can get a FREE ipad 2!