We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    Hi Folks!

I’m really fed up with the SMF Connector Module. Its only making my head ache.
    Unfortunately, I have a large live site running the module (>7000 registered users). They encounter massive login problems.

1) Now I want to uninstall it and use the SMF Login on my Modx pages instead. What do you experts think
    about this idea so far? Maybe I should wait for the new Modx version?
    I do want a solution that will work stable and is future-safe!

2) To use SMF Login, I need to overwrite the SMF with the ones from the ModX database. As I understand, the Connector
    writes random passwords into the SMF database, so these won’t work for my existing users. How can I transfer
    the passwords (different password encoding!!)?

Looking forward to your comments...
      Impossible is nothing - with ModX
      • 103 Posts
      Really no one? sad
        • 5 Posts
        I’d like to introduce SMF to my clients site. I think it will also have a large number of users. Little concerned about reliability and community support, as my php skills are limited..
          • 103 Posts
          You can use SMF, but I wouldn’t recommend using the SMF Connector. You could use the user management of SMF and combine it with the SSI features of SMF.