We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    Okay, so we have MODx installed in our root folder, and then Invision Power Board installed in the subdirectory forums.

There’s a few things that people will try to do on the forums that bring up the MODx 404 page. Is there, like, something we can add to the .htaccess to keep it from caring at all about the forums directory?

Or the .htaccess seems to be the obvious solution to me, at least, since we’re using friendly URLs. Would it be a .htaccess edit or something else?
    • You could copy the .htaccess files/directives out of the manager folder into a file in the forums subfolder.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 32 Posts
        Tried it; didn’t work. sad
        • I’m not sure I understand. Nothing should be intercepted by the MODx rewrite rules unless a file or folder being requested does not exist as a physical file or folder resource on the web server. Does IPB have it’s own rewrite rules for friendly URL’s? Any other information on what URL’s are being intercepted would be useful.
          • The .htaccess in the main modx folder affects all subfolders. That is why you have to have a .htaccess file in the manager folder to turn off the rewrite engine for /manager and all of its subfolders. If IPB has its own rewrite rules, you need to have its .htaccess file in its folder; if not, you need to have one that turns off the rewrite engine for the IPB folder and its subfolders, as the manager folder does.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 32 Posts
              Okay IPB doesn’t have rewrite rules, and now there’s the turning off the rewrite engine in EVERY subfolder in IPB including the main one, and we STILL get the Modx 404.
              • Does IPB work when MODx is not installed?
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 32 Posts
                  Yup. And as a side note when I just tried renaming the Modx htaccess to ht.access to test, IPB worked just fine until I named it back.
                  • If you copied the htaccess rules from the manager folder into an .htaccess file in the IPB root folder, it should work flawlessly as well.
                      • 32 Posts
                      Yeah, but for some reason it doesn’t.