We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 835 Posts
    Hi,

Here a link to a tutorial of a full integration of minibb in wordpress (user, cookie ...)

Minibb documentation

Aour

• 1,495 Posts
      Quote from: aour at Jan 19, 2006, 04:36 PM

Hi,
      Here a link to a tutorial of a full integration of minibb in wordpress (user, cookie ...)
      Minibb documentation
      Aour

Looks simple to me, but I don’t like the fact that we can’t remove the copyright. But overall, it’s easy to integrate. Let me see, whether they have a good interface for the forum or not.

Thanks aour.
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 835 Posts
        hi,

I think, it’s a good exemple of a possible bridge, and of the difficulty to create it!

"cannot remove the copyright" : phpbb is the same, IPB 1.3 too.

Aour
          • 7,075 Posts
          MiniBB is nice, though the license agreement has some restrictions and I’d rather have GPLed applications integrated with MODx (Vanilla ? PunBB ? UNB ?)

Yet, interessting read and if it can be done, it’s nice !
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 239 Posts
            Quote from: davidm at Jan 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
            MiniBB is nice, though the license agreement has some restrictions and I’d rather have GPLed applications integrated with MODx
            MiniBB is also GPL.
              • 1,495 Posts
              Does that mean we can use it freely?

I was thinking to build my own forum snippet. It’s gonna be a plain usercomment type of system, with database backend and alowing to post topic and user can comment to it. I also want this snippet to work as user comment system later as well.

Man, I have bunch of idea right now, but no time to take care of this. Anybody wanna partner up with me in creating usefull snippet for MODx? The mission is to see whatever resources that MODx has available for now, and try to either improve it, combine it, or make our own. So anybody interested, please prvate message me. I want somebody who knows PHP and MySql better than me, and have experience with MODx, and willing to write clean and nice code. lol, I bet everybody in this forum will be qualified laugh Anyway, if you willing to learn php or know php and MODx better than me, please contact me. I’m serious about this, I want to make this CMS to lead the open source CMS out there. So anybody with the same vision/mission with me, please reply me back.

Take care
                Wendy Novianto
                • 7,075 Posts
                If you go down that road, I guess taking the "light" path is the right way to go about this. Vanilla could be a very nice tool for small businesses forums as discussed earlier on these boards.

On the technical side of things, I am not the guy to talk to though...

MODx est l'outil id
                  • 1,495 Posts
                  Quote from: davidm at Jan 21, 2006, 04:15 AM

If you go down that road, I guess taking the "light" path is the right way to go about this. Vanilla could be a very nice tool for small businesses forums as discussed earlier on these boards.

On the technical side of things, I am not the guy to talk to though...

I might need to build my own for now, because I checked the vanila forum and spent almost 3 hours reading documentation+code. It’s a well implemented forum. Using full OOP logic to build the forum. Easy to be extended and etc, but it is using too many OOP capability that makes the system bloated with OOP paradigm, in which I found it’s rather too complicated to be extended.

I can see that the future of vanila looks promising though, except for the interface being implemented right inside the system core code, even though it can be manipulate using CSS. Another bad side, everything need to be done by adding some more code to the core, which I think it’s quite a hassle to do the modification, because updating it will be hard. As far as the simplicity goes, this is the right tools for what I want to accomplish though, except the steep learning curve to learn the big picture of it tongue.

Anyway david, you can join the team to help the second tier community to test out the project. I think it will be really2 helpful, because sometimes as a programmer, I don’t really like beta testing my own code. lol

Regards,
                    Wendy Novianto
                    • 7,075 Posts
                    I sure can do besta testing and will be pleased to help ! One thing : you should check if nothing has been started in this area, I had come accross a thread that mentionned wanting to build a small forum based on MODx API (maybe even was Ryan who mentionned it).

MODx est l'outil id