We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Is it possible to integrate phpBB with modx? If so how woud I do so.

Thanks;

Daniel
      • 1,495 Posts
      There is no integration of forum yet. The closest integration on forum is SMF, so you might wanna check that out.
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 8 Posts
        Thanks, My hands are tied with the forum software as the forum to be integrated is already running and has been for a while!

Thanks anyway!
        • The SMF plugin is not complete, but I can say from personal experience that SMF has some killer convertors for PHPbb sites. smiley This one is one such example.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • I believe Wendy meant to say that it can be done, but no one has, as of yet, written a module for phpBB to manage the integration, which would of course focus on the aggregation of users and groups between MODx and phpBB. We have an example of one that manages a similar integration with SMF, though it is not fully completed and tested yet. All of this can be accomplished with no changes to the core of either system (MODx or the integrated forum).
              • 8 Posts
              Thanks guys.

I’ll bear in mind about the convertors and have a look at the SMF plugin..

Edit: I’ve just been looking around for the SMF module as I’d presumed it was available though unfinished but it appears I was wrong?
                • 1,495 Posts
                I think it’s still under development, but I’m not to for sure, because I’m not really keeping track with forum development for now.
                  Wendy Novianto
                  [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                  [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                  • 3 Posts
                  Hello all. It’s been a year since this thread was created and I was wondering if anyone was indeed working on a phpbb integration (like the SMF module). I am building a new site (loving MODx) and would prefer to use phpbb as I have another site with a large phpbb board already running. My hope was to be able to integrate phpbb registration/authentication into MODx.

Anyone working on/thinking about this? Thanks.
                  • Lots of thinking I’m sure, but little actual work. In other words, not really, and honestly not very likely for phpBB to get much attention.
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                      • 3 Posts
                      Thanks for your response. I’m curious as to why you don’t think phpbb will get any attention? Surely its one of, if not the most, popular boards.