We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    Hi There! I’ve installed and tested at least a dozen CMS over the last couple of months and none of them seem to meet my requirements. Actually, most CMS seem to be mainly for portal or blogging. What I need is something for standard commercial and information(article)-based sites. Then I found MODx grin! I must say it looks very, very promising. I do realize that this version is pre-release but I can seem to find a module repository on this site? The site that led me here also mentions an integrated forum which I can’t seem to locate in the manager (admin panel). huh And the event calender...

Anyways, Cheers and thanks for releasing this outstanding CMS! Any help with he above is fully appreciated.

Phil
    • Hello Phil,

MODx is now in it’s first stable release with 0.9.0. We’re working on releasing a Module to integrate SMF, and may also do so for IPB. (We need decent APIs in forums to do this efficiently...)

Keep checking as we hope to have it done soon!

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 30 Posts
        Ok, thanks, that helps. SMF? Never heard of it before now, ah -- just realized that you’re actualy using it here. Is SMF moving towards CSS-based layout as well? Otherwise, I’ll probably just use PunBB.

Cheers,
        Phil

(edit)
        P.S. Oops, for got to ask again:- will there, or is there a MODx module downloads location?
        • There will definitely be a MODx download section. That’s next on my priority list (and I just got back in town).

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 2 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Nov 07, 2005, 02:01 PM

We’re working on releasing a Module to integrate SMF, and may also do so for IPB. (We need decent APIs in forums to do this efficiently...)
            Yes, please release a module for IPB. I’m looking for a CMS to re-build my current site, a site which is using IPB.
            A CMS that is offering an IPB module would make my choice so easy, I’d be willing to pay for such a thing.
            I also thing I read somewhere here in the forums that you will switch from your current forum to IPB. Yet another reason to make such a module. smiley
            I’m sure a lot of people would love to see it.

*keeping my fingers crossed, hoping to see a IPB module for MODx*
              • 7,075 Posts
              Ryan, good news, a download module will be nice (how do you manage all this, there is only 24hrs a day ! Man, it’s a full job to keep up with all the news around here already...)

... Yeah Korak, PunBB is cool but not tableless (unless I missed an episode which is possible...). SMF is nice too, quick and feature-wise it’s rich... The SMF module will be one of many milestones I guess, a proof of concept integration, can’t wait to see it !
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • 30 Posts
                After seeing the SMF module in the documentation (http://modxcms.com/creating-a-module.html) I was looking for where this download was as well.

I’m working on a site now that would like to use the polls from SMF in modx documents. I can include them easy enough with a snippet, but connecting the articles to the poll will require a new field and likely use of the members table in SMF rather than modx webusers. Not sure how to go about it yet.
                  "Adversus solem ne loquitor." -don’t speak against the sun (don’t waste your time arguing the obvious) Something I sometimes need to be reminded of.
                  • 78 Posts
                  How to show hot topics form SMF on web-site?