We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,717 Posts

I would like use mxCalendar aside a specific snippet, in charge of displaying incoming events. Does it possible to add some customs fields to the mxc_events table.
    I would like add a simple radio button for booking. (Full /Open).

I will use this new event value outside of mxcalendar

How could customize mxCalendar without lost my changes at each new release of mxCalendar ?
    Thanks for the answers.
    • Sorry, but in its current version it does not currently support that fuctionality. Probable the best method would be to extend a new child class to handle this until a more stable and integrated method is added. I would certainly like to assist so if you send me some more info we can make this possible sonner.

Note that I have scheduled a future release currently over half done to support event registrations, though that does not fullfil your requirement I think it lends itself to that more feasably.

Cheers
        Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
        Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
        • 1,717 Posts
        Thanks for the answer

Note that I have scheduled a future release currently over half done to support event registrations
        What do you mean by "event registration". Registration from from end rather than backend ?

Otherwise, may be, it could be interesting to split the mxCalendar installation from the use. And during the installation, offer the possibilty to add some custom fields. Store this configuration in the configuration table. And then set up the view of an event based on this description.
        • Event Registration the way I’m referring to it is adding in the ability to have an event setup that allows web users to register for an event. In the back end the options would exist allowing for the event to be a registration where a price, # of registrations, etc. would be entered.

It’s also been a road map item to have the ability for each "event" to have it’s own unique custom fields with custom controls, so that you could then add in as many custom fields and then use a custom control to port those fields to any other external mxCalendar resource with the control (php).

I’m not sure I follow the install options as far as front end to back end...

cheers
            • 3 Posts
            hi charles,

i know the post is older than 2 years. is this still the best practice to add custom fields? did not find a support thread for 1.1.6

cheers
            m.
            • Quote from: markushh at May 17, 2013, 10:45 AM
              hi charles,

i know the post is older than 2 years. is this still the best practice to add custom fields? did not find a support thread for 1.1.6

cheers
              m.

For the Evolution version yes, that is still the best method.