We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for Kalender.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    "KALENDER", which is basically Dutch for "Calendar",
    is a simple calendar tool that can be embedded into a website using
    the MODx content management system.
      • 375 Posts
      Hello, are there any known bugs with this snippet?

I installed it yesterday, and first thing i had to do was hard code the path names to the template files and javascript files. Okay, that may be an issue with my configuration, my modx test site is installed on a subdomain that is set to /subdomains/modx.

But that’s not my problem why I write here. After I "fixed" the file names, I inserted the snippet in my template to show the kalender. When I now hover the mouse over the current date i get a javascript error. Browsing the months don’t work, clicking dates doesn’t work either. Actually, I sure can klick dates, but the event that’s bound to it dont show.

Did I make a big mistake? Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Thx
      Martin
        • 1 Posts
        I did not write the snippet myself, I only made some modifications to correct some issues en to add some parameters.

As far as I know the snippet should work well as you can see on this site: http://international-montessori.org.

Did you upload the assets/snippets/kalender folder without any problems? Or perhaps downloading the zipfile again might help if the file got corrupted on the way?

Events should show as you hoover over dates. They are not clickable. I am working on that one at this moment as you can see on the mentioned site.

• 375 Posts
          Hi! Thanks for the answer. I just gave it a second try and now it works without problems. My problem was: The ressource URL in the site configuration was set to a wrong value.

Greetings
          Martin
            • 40 Posts
            Is it possible to change the weeks startday (monday in stead of sunday). Been looking at the code, and I figure a lot needs to be changed, or am I missing something?
              • 375 Posts
              Hi,

I don’t know. But maybe you shoul try CALx. it’s quite like Kalender, but has many more features.

Martin
                • 1 Posts
                No, it’s not possible to change the weeks startday.

I agree with FuryDE, you should definitely try CALx. As you can see in it’s support/comment topic there’s a lively development and support going on.

As far as I have tried sofar, CALx does the things Kalender can, and much more.

There’s no development or support on Kalender. sad
                  • 40 Posts
                  Hmm... I’lll see whether I find the time to have a look at CALx... Just spent too much time customizing Kalender smiley

thnx!
                    • 1 Posts
                    Quote from: gavro at Oct 16, 2007, 12:55 AM

Just spent too much time customizing Kalender smiley
                    Same reason why I still use Kalender grin

Just remember to use the snippet call uncached i.e. [!Kalender!] otherwise Kalender will sooner or later stop functioning.
                      • 40 Posts
                      Heh, "if it aint broken.... tweak it!" they say right? rolleyes

Ah well, the way it’s working now will do just fine. Only have to make a newb-friendly manage-frontend sad
                      Think I will base it on the standard add-a-blog-entry, will do just fine I think.

thnx for the heads up! (//OT: I find myself doing a lot of things unchached... I wonder what the speed inpact is. With snippets there is no other way)