We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 101 Posts
    Hi, yesterday a customer called me to make an estimate for designing a Groupon clone

Does anyone have experience with this? Would this be possible with Visioncart in Revo?

I never used Groupon before, so I need to know what a website like Groupon contains and if it’s possible to make in modx Revo.
    There are some premade Groupon scripts, but I think I get stuck when the customer asks for custom modules.

thanks in advance
      Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this.
      • 94 Posts
      Yes it is possible. Either you build the cart yourself, or use foxycart or visioncart for example.
      Obv you will need to develop the functionality of the site yourself if you want it to be good.

/William
        --------------------------------------
        www.williamastrom.se
        • 101 Posts
        Thanks a lot everyone, but it's a 2 year old post. The client had to cancel the project for budgetary reasons. 2 years ago we did test a Wordpress Groupon Template (what were we thinking...), but it wouldn't work on the long run. Developing a custom made extra for Modx would take too much time and money, so unfortunately a dead end.

By now we are pretty sure it wouldn't be a problem to develop it for modx though smiley

Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this.
        • We've created a daily deals and coupons website using MODX Revo a few months ago, drop me an email if you'd like to chat about it.
            MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
            • 1 Posts
            Hi, yesterday a customer called me to make an estimate for designing a Groupon clone

Does anyone have experience with this? Would this be possible with Visioncart in Revo?

I never used Groupon before, so I need to know what a website like Groupon contains and if it's possible to make in modx Revo.
            There are some premade Groupon scripts, but I think I get stuck when the customer asks for custom modules.

thanks in advance

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.