We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 139 Posts
    Can anyone chime in and provide any e-commerce MODX sites? It’s fine if it’s a MODX site integrated with another system like Magento or osCommerce or the like as well. I’ve had little luck finding examples in the MODX gallery at modx.com and on FoxyCart’s site. The only one I have so far (http://zaega.com) is deemed as "too girlie" for whom I’m sending the example to (understandably so). Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!
      • 129 Posts
      I have a MODx/FoxyCart site at www.celticpress.ie and am currently building another one at www.carolincollins.com/source - this will be at www.sourcesligo.ie when it goes live over the next two weeks. I have a simple site at www.namesinframes.ie that is only using PayPal without an additional shopping cart system.

Hope this helps.
        • 139 Posts
        Thanks, rivendell48! This helps indeed. I appreciate it. As y’all say, cheers!
          • 62 Posts
          Wow those are gorgeous rivendell48 !

The celtic press catalog is exactly what I’m trying to do. May I ask what you used to create the a) catalog summary pages (ie list) and b) the product detail pages? I’m using Revo. I’m not sure where to start but I do need categories with subcategories, and products can belong to more than one category. Also my list page needs to be in 3 columns (I’m selling t-shirts). Should I be using GetResources? Have you looked at VisionCart?

Many thanks.
            • 139 Posts
            Glad I prompted this conversation. I look forward to following it! I’m excited about the e-commerce future of MODX.
              • 129 Posts
              Hi!

I am afraid the Celtic Press site was built in Evolution, so no GetResources for me. It’s all done through Ditto.
                • 62 Posts
                Has anyone had experience with getPage with getResources?
                  • 128 Posts
                  Quote from: rivendell48 at Apr 20, 2011, 09:13 AM

I have a MODx/FoxyCart site at www.celticpress.ie and am currently building another one at www.carolincollins.com/source - this will be at www.sourcesligo.ie when it goes live over the next two weeks. I have a simple site at www.namesinframes.ie that is only using PayPal without an additional shopping cart system.

Hope this helps.

hi rivendell, thx for your help.
                  i want realise a system like www.namesinframes.ie, how can i integrate paypal in my system?
                  Do you can explain me how?
                  thx
                    "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice"
                    • 129 Posts
                    Check out this post on The Coding Pad http://codingpad.maryspad.com/2010/06/16/ecommerce-with-modx-and-paypal/ - as I mentioned, the above sites are MODX Evolution sites, not Revo, but the principle would be the same in either case.

Hope this helps smiley but if you need to clarify anything, give me a shout. I’d be glad to help.
                      • 129 Posts
                      Another example of a MODx/FoxyCart installation is at http://www.tinythings.ie which went live about a month ago. As this is another craft store, it was important that Modx allowed me to do what I wanted design-wise while FoxyCart provides all the back-end bits like volume discounts, staggered shipping costs, discount vouchers, transaction reporting etc.

For Revo sites though, shopkeeper is looking interesting, so when I move to Revo from September, that will certainly be something to consider as well.