We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    Hi,

I’m having a go at installing Warehouse. Very new to MODx and shopping carts so I’m the last person who should be doing this.

Used Tortoise Mercurial to download the code from http://code.google.com/p/modxwarehouse/

Then from the assets folder I copied modules/mxw and snippets/mxw into the appropriate Assets folder of my localhost test installation.

I then created a Snippet - called it [[warehouse]] and copied in the php from the text file mxw.snippet.txt

For the Module much the same - php from mxw.module.txt - oddly this has what appears to be comments //

I created a new resource - published it and included the [[warehouse]] snippet. Having no idea what to do with a Module.

Preview of my page results in an error page which crashes IE7 but in FF the first error complains about a missing file

Error: include(C:/WebPages/modx_ps/assets/snippets/mxw/mxw.controller.php) [function.include.html]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The error page then goes on for the length of a bible. If I copy that file in from the Module folder assets\modules\mxw\control then another file is missing.

I gave up when I got to this
    Error: include_once(MXW_BASEcontrol/mxw.setup.helper.php) [function.include-once.html]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    which appears to be requiring a control folder but the / is missing.

Anyone attempted this?

Stuart
      • 697 Posts
      Hi there,

Having read the Google Code site it looks like the devs where nowhere near a release candidate.
      You are unlikely to get this working without major hacking...and if you do its near ready sad

Shopkeeper seems to be the furthest along, but to be honest if you need a cart, use some shopping cart software smiley

J