We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi people i want to know if exist any ecommerce snipplet for modx revolution, (i know the vesion 2 of modx is in beta version, but i want to start implementing the script anyway). I read about x-shop but, i dont know if it’s work with modx revolution.
    Thanks !
      • 4,149 Posts
      There are none at this current time. That said, developing one should not be that difficult for an experienced PHP programmer.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 372 Posts
        It seems like it has been pretty difficult to get one for MODx now. All the experienced PHP programmers are too busy.

wink
          DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
          DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
          gus -- Google URL Shortener
          makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
          MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
          • 4,149 Posts
          Well, that depends...if there’s more donations to the MODx project, then those programmers have to work less on client work to get food on the table, and can focus more on MODx. Unfortunately, that’s the case.

:D
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • There’s a lot of discussion about eCommerce in general in related threads:
            http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,39390.0.html
              • 834 Posts
              Yes it’s something that’s desperately needed. It would just make Modx the absolute bees knees.

Modx already has most of the required bits, it just needs a slick cart.

Shopkeeper comes frustratingly close, but the lack of proper English documentation is a real barrier. But it holds the most promise I feel.

Foxycart also comes close but it uses a totally ugly thickbox and unfortunately is a third party solution with all of the issues that that entails. It also suffers from an almost total lack of documentation.
                Content Creator and Copywriter
                • 654 Posts
                I had converted the Russian text in Shopkeeper over to English using Google’s translate function and some common sense. The version was 0.8.8 and there should be a reference to it in the archives along with a link. I had also included notes that I took for myself on how to get it installed and how to duplicate the Shopkeeper demo site. The notes, frankly, suck as a tutorial. But the intent was to help me back out of any alley I inadvertently went down.

If you can’t find the zip file and want to mess around with the code, PM me and I’ll send it off.
                Matt

PS The notes assumed an Evo install ...