We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,314 Posts
    PrestaShop looks interesting

also have a look at OXID -> http://www.oxid-esales.com/en/products/community-edition
      • 70 Posts
      Thanks for that Sharkbait. I’ve had a quick look at the admin interfaces of both of OXID and PrestaShop. No doubt they’re both very powerful, but my first thought was ’crap! there’s a lot going on here’. I’m sure for some people these are perfect, but for smaller businesses/individuals - things like handmade wedding stationery, small food producers etc etc, where they’ll only have 10-20 products at an absolute maximum, they seem a bit overkill.

I’m still just dipping my toes with all of this, so somebody might say ’why don’t you just do it like this’, which is fair enough. I’ve got a massive list in my bookmarks, but there aren’t many that really tick all (or even most) of the boxes.
        • 2,314 Posts
        I’m sure for some people these are perfect, but for smaller businesses/individuals - things like handmade wedding stationery, small food producers etc etc, where they’ll only have 10-20 products at an absolute maximum, they seem a bit overkill.

you’re right about that, sure...i linked OXID, because Magento and Prestashop has been mentioned in this thread, and i think OXID should be mentioned as well smiley i’ve heard a lot of good stuff about it, especially compared to magento (probably better written, def. faster and a lot easier to install/server environment). it’s quite new on the opensource-marked, but has been around for a long time as a enterprise-level shop software...i read in the german MODx forum about a possible Oxid/MODx-module integration (i’ll check that thread again)

j
          • 120 Posts
          This one looks promising indeed - powerful, yet not over cluttered like Magento et al.

http://lemonstandapp.com/

But your all right - Modx CMS + integrated SME ecommerce solution would make my decade.
            • 697 Posts
            It seems that there have been several attempts at a shopping cart solution for MODx.

The reason none of them have really evolved is that they very much seem to be driven by an individual project, once the project ended the development drops off (as is often the case!).

I to have made carts in MODx, but just used bespoke modules and snippets.

There must be enough people interested in a cart solution to pull together and champion one solution? I thought TreasureChest was great, but just lacked features. If we could pull the requirements together, based on some of the other popular CMS’s that have already done this (Drupal + Joomla both have very powerful shooping cart modules)

• 9 Posts
              I’m in! I have only got intermediate PHP skills but would do anything and everything i can to get us a decent, working shopping cart solution!
              It’s all that’s missing from such a great and popular CMS. grin
                • 372 Posts
                Well, based on Everett’s input I have not pursued Dan any further on porting his Wordpress cart. So it looks like all of hopes are pinned on MODx Warehouse.

DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
                  DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
                  gus -- Google URL Shortener
                  makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
                  MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
                  • 697 Posts
                  Treasure Chest was good, although there is not much up on the Google code site, there is enough to make me think that Warehouse is going to be a much bigger project in scope? (I mean look at the name!!!)

I think if the "splinter groups" came together and worked on Warehouse, we could produce a viable one stop shop (pun intended) shopping cart solution smiley

I’m also willing to invest some time in this, if someone would like to crack the whip I can help out shocked