We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 172 Posts
    I have a job coming up where the client wants to sell approx 8-10 CV templates online.

This client is very computer literate but I am after a solution thats transferable to other projects. I’ve looked at zencart and cubecart - and when in both cases I got to the bit in the tutorials which instructs shop owners where to FTP their files to, and where to cut and paste the full pathname of the file to, I reckoned this wasn’t perhaps the slick user-friendly offering I’m really wanting for the average client.

Foxycart seems somewhat better - holds your hand as you sign on, and the upload file section is quite intuitive. Obviously there are ongoing overheads though.

Another possibility is to write a bespoke system - a module for the client to upload files to the system; a $_SESSION based cart; and finally some code possibly linked to the Paypal IPN. I’d probably cost my time fairly cheaply here in the hope that it could be re-used later, so this could still be quite affordable for the client. A bespoke system would have the advantage of keeping everything within MODx.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

-- Tim.