We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi there,

I have posted this on a different section of this forum and it occurred to me that this was a much better place to put this, apologies for that.

I’m setting up an ecommerce store for a client using Foxycart and MODx and have created all the aspects of it they need, except for a Wishlist function, this is where visitors on the site can log in and make a list of things they like on the store for later reference. Does anybody here know what would be the best way to tackle this sort of thing? Would be great to be given a starting point....

If anyone could give me some advice or starting points that would be fantastic. I’ve only just started using MODx and I must say I’m very very impressed with it.

Cheers
    Mark
    • You could use WebLoginPE to create a web user with a profile... or a limited profile in this case. Then you could define a custom field for storing whatever it is they’d like for later. This is REALLY low-brow... essentially you could even re-brand the "signature" field as a way for them to save notes about what they’d like. Another solution would to be define a multi-select where they could check which items they were interested in...

I’m sure you can think of variations, but I think you could configure WebLoginPE to handle this:
      http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Category:WebLoginPE