We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Has anyone used OpenX with ModX? Is there a Howto anywhere?
      • 241 Posts
      I use OpenX with MODx but I don’t "integrate" it. I simply paste the output from OpenX into chunks and pull them into the appropriate template.
        • 26 Posts
        I’m new to ModX - looking for a cms for a new site. It’s a pity there’s not a module to integrate it fully as it means I would have to learn how to create modules to get started
          • 241 Posts
          In what way would you be looking to integrate it?

Personally, I find that OpenX works fine as a standalone application without the need for integration. I can serve ads to my MODx pages with minimal effort. Setting up MODx ad chunks to match OpenX zones takes seconds.
            • 26 Posts
            OK - thanks bob1000. It looks like I’ll have to explore ModX a bit more to fond out how to do that smiley
              • 241 Posts
              Sure, if you need more specific advice on how to include ads, just post back.
              • OpenX now has a hosted option... that’s REALLY easy to integrate because all you need to do is cut and paste the Javascript OpenX generates into your pages or templates. It’s no more difficult than integrating AdSense.

I’m gonna be porting over the downloadable OpenX software (for performance reasons mostly -- hosting the software is slightly faster than making a call to a 3rd party server), and I’ll be sure to post any lessons/developments. The goal is to get a MODx link up on the OpenX site.