We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 429 Posts
    Hi,

I have a simple 3 page static website (designed by someone else, not me) - The owner wants to add a shop functionality. They only have one product which costs about £20 and are unlikely to sell any more than a few a month.

No new products are planned and payment will most likely be taken via paypay.

Rather than set up a full blown e-comerce system such as OSCommerce, I thought I might be able to use modx.

I have no knowledge fo modx for e-commerce so was hoping one of you might be able to tell me which is the best/easiest plugin to use.

The budget is £0 so Foxycart is out of the question unfortunately.

If there are any examples of sites using these different plug-ins that would be great.

Thanks
    • For something as simple as what you describe, the easiest option by far is to set them up with a PayPal account and create a merchant page that offers that one item. When a buyer clicks the link, they’re taken to a Paypal page (you can brand it with your own logo), and the transaction goes through PayPal’s servers... this is well worth it for small budgets... Paypal spends a lot of time and $ on making transactions secure, so for your limited budget, it’s worthwhile to jump on that bandwagon.