We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    I am trying to customize my site to do the following:

I have a rental company and have many product types on my site
    such as fridges and televisions

at the moment my clients click enquiry then fill out a form where they select tv’s, fridges, aircon and so on

can anyone recommend a way in which they could go to the fridge page and click add to enquiry.....then go to the tv page
    and click add to enquiry and so on...... once they were finished browsing they could click submit enquiry and the form would
    know what they want to enquire about?

any suggestions would be very helpful ... thanks!

p.s ... kinda urgent thanks again

• It sounds like you just want an email from the customer with a note if they sent it from the tv page or ___ page?

You should be able to use eform to accomplish that and just change the subject for each call/page.

AMDbuilder
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 12 Posts
        Thanks AMD

Kind of what im after except as they navigate from one page to another they
        need to be able to click add to enquiry and then once they are done
        they can click something like complete enquirey.

So they go to the TV page ... click add to enquiry
        then to the Frisge page ... Add to enquiry

Then eventually Submit enquiry...button

Kind of like a very generalised/basic shoping/catalog cart system ..... any more help would rock thanks!
          • 956 Posts
          Yeah, that’s basically a mini-cart system. But instead of generating an order, you just generate one or two emails.

I think it would be overkill to install a shopping cart solution and hack it to death.

You just need to create a PHP session, a custom snippet that stores the products when clicking "add to enquiry", and another snippet that actually sends the email(s). The last step could be done via eForm, but you could just as well use your own php mail() function.
            • 12 Posts
            Could you possibly give me an example of how to do this?

Thanks