We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 45 Posts
    I have a pair of sandbox accounts here.

Sales work fine - show as completed in PayPal - order info emails sent etc. On completion the user is forwarded to the PDT page

(using template and call shown @ http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,20173.msg153401.html#msg153401 )

but none of the placeholders are populated and sales have not been recorded in the sales manager.

Where do I start looking?
      • 2,310 Posts
      I had something similar and it turned out the PayPal sandbox had lost the original settings for PDT etc.
      Once I’d reset them everything worked fine.
        • 45 Posts
        Did you reset this in the PayPal developer accounts list @ https://developer.paypal.com/ ?

There’s a reset link there in the Test Accounts section. Or did you do this in the [www.sandbox.paypal.com] test merchant account itself?
          • 2,310 Posts
          The [www.sandbox.paypal.com] test merchant account I think.
          It wasn’t my account and I was talked through it by the guy who’d set it up originally, so it’s a bit of a hazy memory.
          But something had changed at PayPal, not with TC.
            • 45 Posts
            I tried creating a whole new merchant account in the sandbox - but no luck.

Do you think business name has any bearing on returning this info?

Paypal preconfigures your business name as Your Name Here’s Test Store, it doesn’t seem to be possible to manually create accounts with your desired business name. TreasureChest barfs on the ’ in Paypal’s business name.

• 45 Posts
              Right -

Went live with the project, aiming to do the manual inventory approach...

Seems that the sales manager/inventory is working fine now it’s in a live environment - don’t know whether the issue was with the sandbox account.

Haven’t had the chance to re-test the PDT placeholders, I commented those out and just showed the user a thank-you page with general info. Will have to re-check the PDT page, but it’s all working fine without it smiley
                • 2,310 Posts
                Glad to hear it’s gone live okay.
                The one I was coding for is going live this week.
                Fingers crossed, it all seems to be working as it should, even the PDT.
                • I know this is an old topic but this is happening with me and paypal’s sandbox. Does a live version work before I go any further with this?
                    Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                    AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
                    • 2,310 Posts
                    After some problems with the Sandbox PayPal account the site I was working on went live okay.
                    The PDT stuff also worked.
                    • Good, I have the site working with sandbox, it’s just the PDT is not receiving the information to fill the placeholders.
                        Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                        AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart