We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    I have a new Evo site that uses EZfaq. I have both working nicely.

Bob’s system uses a published container Resource (in this case Id=7) with an unpublished resource (in this case Id=8) inside that has the actual questions and answers.

The issue is that the Search function results will display this unpublished resource. I want to stop this from happening.

I have tried adding parameters to the Search snippet call like &documents=`not in:8` and &parents=`not in:7` and &hideMenu=`0` but none of these prevent this document (Id=8) from showing in the Search results?

Any idea what I am doing wrong or what to try next?

Thanks!
      • 561 Posts
      Hi Photo,
      Did you mark the document as un-searchable? I can’t recall if Ajaxsearch obeys this, it’s so unpredictable, but maybe it will.

Oh, maybe Bob’s app needs the doc to be searchable.... in that case, I don’t know.

Cheers
        MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
        • 1,161 Posts
        Actually that fixed it! I overlooked that and was reaching for a parameter instead...

Thanks!
          • 24,544 Posts
          My bad. I should mark that doc as non-searchable when I create the sample FAQ and mention that in the tutorial. If only there were more hours in the day. tongue
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting