We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    I’m using MODx Evo 1.0.4 with AjaxSearch 1.9.0 running on Apache 2, PHP 5.2.14 with MySQL 5.1.49 (server + client), pdo_mysql installed.

If in either IE7 or Mozilla 3 (not checked other browsers yet) if you highlight text from your page in MODx and right click in the search box and click paste and then search it always comes up with "At least 3 characters are required for your search term"

I thought it was just me but the same problem occurs here:

http://modx2.wangba.fr/index.php?id=17

Just highlight "modx is a free", right click and select "Copy" in the context menu.

Then go to the search box at the top, right click and select "Paste" in the context menu.

Then click "go" or press enter, and I can’t get it to search. The term is clearly more than 3 characters long.

I’ve searched the search topics on the forum and not found a solution yet.

Is it me, or my system?

This is my ajax call:

[!AjaxSearch? &ajaxSearch=`0` &landingPage=`40` &showIntro=`0`!]
      • 1,717 Posts
      Just highlight "modx is a free", right click and select "Copy" in the context menu.

Then go to the search box at the top, right click and select "Paste" in the context menu.

Then click "go" or press enter, and I can’t get it to search.
      And this is normal, because the default mode of the advSearch parameter is by default "one word".

Go on this demo page, and try to search "san pedro de atacama" with the "exact phrase" option ticked. You got the result.

Try it with "one word" you got the "At least 3 characters are required for your search term" message because "de" has less than 3 characters.
        • 9 Posts
        Thanks for that. I get it now.

I think my problem was I was trying to get my search to be all things to all people.

I wasn’t getting the results I wanted with one search box but seeing your example I realise that was because I was trying to do "oneword" and "exactsearch" at the same time.

I like the advanced search with the radio buttons.

Thanks for your help.