We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 834 Posts
    Can anyone translate this error for me?

Thanks

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error:     set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode     
      Error type/ Nr.:     Warning - 2     
      File:     /var/www/vhosts/makethemclick.com.au/httpdocs/assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php     
      Line:     78     
      Line 78 source:     set_time_limit($asCfg->cfg['timeLimit']);      

Parser timing
      MySQL:     0.0007 s    (3 Requests)
      PHP:     0.0295 s     
      Total:     0.0302 s
      Content Creator and Copywriter
      • 1,336 Posts
      set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode
      You can’t use this function(set_time_limit()) when in PHP’s safe mode, so AJAX search is throwing a warning here.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 834 Posts
        I’m not setting or using anything.

Either Modx is or Ajax Search is.

Is there some configuration setting that i need to change or is it something to do with the hosting environment?

This was working previously and now it’s not. I haven;t changed anything. Maybe the Host provider has.

Any explanation (in layman’s terms) appreciated.
          • 956 Posts
          If you didn’t have any such problems before with the same host, your hosting company probably changed some system settings.

File:     /var/www/vhosts/makethemclick.com.au/httpdocs/assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php     

^ this indicates that the AjaxSearch script (snippet) is calling the set_time_limit() PHP function, not MODx per se. Hence, for an intermediate solution either deactivate AjaxSearch altogether in your website, or comment out the corresponding line in the assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php script:

just add // in front of line 78:
          // set_time_limit($asCfg->cfg[’timeLimit’]);

Or, you could also try to suppress error messages with @:
          @set_time_limit($asCfg->cfg[’timeLimit’]);
            • 834 Posts
            Resolved.

Problem at the hosting end. Safe mode turned on.

cool