We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    After upgrading our 1.0.2 site to 1.0.4 . We found the following error :

« MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: Missing argument 1 for AjaxSearch::run(), called in /home/web/monsite.fr/ftp/www/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(770) : eval()’d code on line 399 and defined
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /home/web/monsite.fr/ftp/www/assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php
    Line: 64
    Line 64 source: function run($tstart, $dcfg, $cfg = null) {

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0024 s (9 Requests)
    PHP: 0.1707 s
    Total: 0.1730 s

Somebody can it help us ?
    thanks in advance

PS: database version 5.0.75, php 5.2.8
    • I believe some parameters were changed in AjaxSearch. Try upgrading to the latest version of AjaxSearch to see if that resolves the issue.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 3 Posts
        I’m already in the last version but the problem persists.
          • 1,717 Posts

I don’t know why but you run the /home/web/monsite.fr/ftp/www/assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php of the package AS 1.8.4 (function run without arguments) instead to run the AS 1.9.0 ((function run with arguments)

I suggest to check the content of the snippet ajaxSearch and the ajaxSearch folder. You should have AjaxSearch 1.9.0 version both.
            • 3 Posts
            I don’t understand, the version 1.0.9 is correct.
            I looked in "ajaxsearch.class.inc.php" and version 1.0.9 was well.
              • 23 Posts
              I’m having a similar problem.

Here is the specific error I’m receiving.
              « MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
              « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
              Error: Missing argument 1 for AjaxSearch::AjaxSearch(), called in /home1/montagu4/public_html/test/modxtest/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(770) : eval()’d code on line 470 and defined
              Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
              File: /home1/montagu4/public_html/test/modxtest/assets/snippets/ajaxSearch/classes/ajaxSearch.class.inc.php
              Line: 98
              Line 98 source: function AjaxSearch($version,$cfg,$dcfg) {

Parser timing
              MySQL: 0.0315 s (5 Requests)
              PHP: 0.2018 s
              Total: 0.2333 s

Update has been made to 1.9.1.

PHP version is 5.214 and MySQL is 5.1.47.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE - Turns out the ajaxSearch.class.inc.php file didn’t update when I updated to 1.9.1. Re-did the update and works like a charm.