We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    I saw a posting somewhere that AjaxSearch would have to be rewritten from the ground up to work within Revolution.

Is there a replacement for AjaxSearch for Revolution?
      • 1,717 Posts
      I saw a posting somewhere that AjaxSearch would have to be rewritten from the ground up to work within Revolution
      Yes, it’s true! Mainly, because the core of AjaxSearch is the build of a MySQL request. So the build of this request should be now set up on xPDO.
      Is there a replacement for AjaxSearch for Revolution?
      Yes, AjaxSearch.
      I am late on the development of the release 1.9.0 for EVO. But now this release is nearly ready. The code has been redesigned, which should help the migration to REVO. The obstacles to deliver AjaxSearch for REVO are mainly : my availability and my ability to immerse myself inside xPDO and REVO.
        • 32 Posts
        huh gee, help us... i guess a whole lot of us cannot switch over to revo without there being stg matching the capabilities of ajaxsearch
          • 428 Posts
          Quote from: rolandtom at Jul 23, 2010, 10:09 AM

huh gee, help us... i guess a whole lot of us cannot switch over to revo without there being stg matching the capabilities of ajaxsearch
          I’m sure coroico is working hard on it. wink
          Till then, you can try Simple Search. It’s not as powerful as AjaxSearch, but maybe it will suits to your needs
            Intégrateur web freelance
            • 1,717 Posts
            I’m sure coroico is working hard on it.
            Yes and Not. The development of AjaxSearch for Revo is on track. But the progresses depend of my availability. Which has been very low, this last time. So I can’t promise a delivery date.
              • 200 Posts
              No pressure, but I have already found that the language support and &parents condition is absolutely key in a multilingual environment. I have installed and styled simple search in revo, but it falls short of ajaxsearch’s ability to be unique and return results to each language group within the website.
                • 147 Posts
                Missing the AjaxSearch for Revo... mainly cause the filtering I learned to do with AS on Evo :’(