We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 106 Posts
    I’m running MODx 0.9.6.3 and AjaxSearch 1.8.1. Everything was fine running locally on Xampp, but now something odd happens when I posted everything to a live server. When you submit the search field with any copy in it, I get the attached SQL error message. However if you try to submit the search field blank, the snippet acts as expected. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any idea what the issue could be?

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1624/sqlerrorfe8.png

PHP Version: 5.2.6
    MySQL Version: 5.0.32

Regards,
    Matt
      • 1,717 Posts
      Hi matt,

Could you look at this post: Re: the problem with ajaxsearch 1.8.1 in modx-0.9.6.3-rc1 and check your mysql version.

An another post related to the same trouble: Re: AjaxSearch 1.8.1 and Modx 9.6.2

Your select is correct. To avoid the group concat with the tv_content try for instance to add the parameter &whereSearch=`content` in your AS snippet call. This which restrict the search to the document and avoid the search in TV (by default search occurs in "content|tv".

Let me know the results.
        • 106 Posts
        coroico,
        Looks like you’re suggestion for adding &whereSearch=`content`to the Snippet call has resolved my issue. I would have never figured that out without community support. One of the reasons I love MODx; such an awesome support community behind it. Thanks a million!

Regards,
        Matt
          • 139 Posts
          Quote from: matt6805 at Jan 03, 2009, 11:05 PM

coroico,
          Looks like you’re suggestion for adding &whereSearch=`content`to the Snippet call has resolved my issue. I would have never figured that out without community support. One of the reasons I love MODx; such an awesome support community behind it. Thanks a million!

Regards,
          Matt

I had the exact same problem: MySql version 4.1.20 . Adding whereSearch parameter fixed the problem, so thanks a lot!
            • 56 Posts
            Quote from: matt6805 at Jan 03, 2009, 11:05 PM

I had the exact same problem: MySql version 4.1.20 . Adding whereSearch parameter fixed the problem, so thanks a lot!

I also had quite the same problem.
            MySql version 4.0.24, PHP version 5.2.6, AjaxSearch 1.8.1 and Modx 0.9.6.3 Japanase-UTF8

I was able to solve it thanks to this topic. Thaks a lot !! laugh
              • 44 Posts
              I’m having the same trouble but adding &whereSearch=`content`to the snippet call hasn’t resolved it. My current snippet call is: [!AjaxSearch? &ajaxSearch=`0` &AS_landing=`36` &whereSearch=`content`!]

Can anyone please help?

Search can be found on http://ltcc.dotty.net.nz
                • 106 Posts
                Quote from: kittie at Jun 25, 2009, 12:52 AM

I’m having the same trouble but adding &whereSearch=`content`to the snippet call hasn’t resolved it. My current snippet call is: [!AjaxSearch? &ajaxSearch=`0` &AS_landing=`36` &whereSearch=`content`!]

Can anyone please help?

Search can be found on http://ltcc.dotty.net.nz

Your error is diffrerent then mine. I was getting an SQL Error, you’re getting a permission denied error for this file:
                File: /var/users/dotty/ltcc.dotty.net.nz/htdocs/assets/snippets/HyperFlexSearchForm/HyperFlexSearchForm.inc.php

Have you tried to chmod the permissions to 755? Try that.

You also may wan to check out this thread if you have not already:
                http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=5867.75

Regards,
                Matt
                  • 44 Posts
                  Sorry Matt I forgot I’d tried a different search snippet, I’ve put it back so I’m receiving the same error you were.

I’ll try your suggestion on one of the inner pages with HyperFlexSearchForm though.

Thanks.
                    • 106 Posts
                    Ok, so if you’re getting the same SQL error that I was getting and you’re using the Ajax Search snippet I was using, putting in &whereSearch=`content` should solve your problem. Give it a shot and clear the MODx cache.

Regards,
                    Matt
                      • 44 Posts
                      I’ve edited the snippet call, how do I clear the cache?