We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    Hi,

I’ve made some experiments with file diff/merge software and here, in the zip file, you can see results. There is always original download on the right side and my changes on the left.

This visual changelog covers

- better workaround for Opera menu problem - there is a forced .click() call on the default menu item, this puts the menu back in shape again. This is done in scripter.php, an id="..." parameter is added to the first link (<a href...>) in menu (in l4mnu.php)

- fix for wrong tabs.css linkage... should be st. like /style/$manager_theme_dir/tabs.css instead of /style/tabs.css. This is done by changing occurances in aprox 4 files.

If you view the log, the left column is changed source, right is 0.91 original. There is always at least one line red at green background, this means a change (sometimes it’s hard to find it).

Note: the software that generates this report sometimes wrongly interprets if smoe lines are added or deleted, so don’t look at the table info (Removed lines: 5 ... when I’ve added 5)

Check it out and tell me what you think about this system. I think it’s good, espec. if more changes are taking place.
      • 3,250 Posts
      Very nice! If you could zip up the changed files so that others can test--- that would be great!
        • 89 Posts
        Quote from: Mark at Mar 14, 2006, 03:01 PM

If you could zip up the changed files so that others can test--- that would be great!

It would not work AFAIK, there are many files inside, this is better, imho.

NOTE: the Opera menu problem workaround needs little bit more coding, it’s right routine placed in wrong place - it clicks the ’Site’ link not only once, but always when that mail-chceck function is called. I suggest using my previous solution, witch just disables that setInnerHTML call in Opera.
        • tillda, if you wouldn’t mind, I would prefer if changes you plan to contribute are posted as attachments to a specific feature request or bug task in our bug tracker, and include the complete files that were modified in a tar.gz or .zip format. Since we use SVN for all our development work, I simply place your changed files in, update from the repository to merge the changes, test, and check-in once I’ve confirmed it works.

This diff files do make it nice to see the changes, but it would actually be more work for me to use those to consider your contributions. And as a lazy programmer, I don’t like more work.
          grin

All that aside, thanks for your earnest interest and self-initiative in contributing to MODx. We certainly appreciate it, and your contributions just may earn you a spot on the MODx core team. Who knows...?
          wink

Cheers
            • 89 Posts
            OK, no problem here.
              • 1,495 Posts
              Do you know any Javascript, PHP, and MySQL Tillda?

I would like to know more about you.
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 89 Posts
                Quote from: Djamoer at Mar 14, 2006, 11:00 PM

Do you know any Javascript, PHP, and MySQL Tillda?

Yes. I know a lot, really. I’m a professional/freelance developer. These things are really not my future, but so far it’s best source of money for me now. I like programming, if the result is going to be widely and manytimes used.
                  • 1,495 Posts
                  Thanks for clarifying that, hope we can work on something together on some other project.
                    Wendy Novianto
                    [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                    [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                    • 1,198 Posts
                    Hi tillda, I’m working on the manager too, http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,3406.0.html do you want to help me (i’m not a coder) or merge our works together?
                      Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
                      -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
                      -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design