We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hi

I cannot understand how to modify the style of the form? where is the css file that actually does the styling?
    Also, is there a way to get rid of the button ’go’ and use ’enter’ in order to submit the search query?

thanks
      • 1,717 Posts
      Hi pret

It doesn’t exist a predefined css file to style the ajaxSearch form and search results. In fact it depends of which mode of ajaxSearch you use (ajax or non-ajax). After verification, i agree that the wiki documentation is pretty poor about how styling the form and the results. I will try to improve this defect by adding the right chapter.

For the moment find enclosed two different search.css file. The first one named relative output the result under the search input, the second one named absolute output the results in an absolute positionned div. I am not expert on css but I hope it could be usefull for you too.
      Regarding the "go" button, to change the label, simply look at your language file under the ajaxSearch/lang folder and change the value of the $_lang[’as_searchButtonText’] variable.
        • 8 Posts
        thanks a lot wink