We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hi All,

I am new at this and in the process of moving our entire corporate site to MODx. Loving it and was able to customize a lot of things, one thing eludes me though. I cannot get the search box to close if I click outside the results div.

Any idea on how to proceed so I can still click on the results themselves.

Tks,
    - Jeremie
      • 956 Posts
      It would be helpful to know what OS/browser/modx-version etc. you’re using.

Also, do you see that behaviour on other modx-powered sites too, or just your own install?
        • 63 Posts
        My problem is that visitors never get rid of the results box, if they click on the X to close it, then navigate to another place on the site, there’s an empty box again. (See http://scoopex1988.org)

It’s the same in all browsers, I have the 0.9.6p2 from Feb. 20. Tested on friends’ Macs and PCs. Cookie thing?

Something wrong with the call perhaps? It’s

<div id="search"><!--search_terms--><a name="search"></a>[!AjaxSearch? ajaxSearch=`1` &AS_landing=`108` &moreResultsPage=`108` &showMoreResults=`1` &addJscript=`0` &extract=`0` &AS_showResults=`0` &ajaxSearchType=`1`!]</div>