We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 76 Posts
    for some reason my AjaxSearch wont work.
    installed a fresh copy of 1,6 egsactly as it sais in the readme.

when i try searching something it comes up telling me that it didnt find anything huh
    i set the searchable flag on all my main pages - the detail pages have it disabled.
    yet the words im searching all appear on the main pages (aswell as the subpages)

the snippet call is: [!AjaxSearch? &ajaxSearchType=1!]

plz help embarrassed
      • 1,717 Posts
      Hi enigma,

Which version of AjaxSearch do you use ? The version 1.6 delivered with Modx 0.9.6.1 ? or an another version ?

Which character set do you use it for your page, your database and how is configured your connection charset in your config.inc.php file in the include directory.
        • 76 Posts
        modx 0.9.6
        updated ajax search to 1,6

charsets
        utf-8 and latin1
        • Just a reminder folks, unless the content you are looking for appears directly in the pagetitle, description, or content field, it isn’t searchable via this tool.
            • 76 Posts
            hmm, basicly what i have is a snippet on each page that generates the content and returns it in html.
            its all dynamic shocked

thus it wont work like this?

if so, is there a way to maybe set a description from the snippet currently displaying the page content?
              • 76 Posts
              additionally: i just did a quick test by adding a description and searching that.
              as soon as it starts searching i see a result, but that box that comes up then gets smaller again and the result vanishes undecided
              any medicine for this?
                • 1,717 Posts
                Hi enigma

I confirm that the snippet AjaxSearch 1.6 patched with Modx 0.9.6.1 do not work when you have a page in UTF-8 and the database in latin-1. I do some tests and i find the same results as you.

Few days before, i have developped a version 1.6.2 of the AjaxSearch, but unfortunately, i haven’t anticipate that the charset of pages and database could be different undecided Look at : http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,5357.301.html

I will correct this trouble in the next release (1.6.3) but i need some time smiley