We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • You don’t: http://www.muddydogpaws.com/development/ajaxsearch/94.html

Look at that page and modify the corresponding file in the snippets folder on your site (for the Form template).
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 225 Posts
      Great, I will check that out. Damn i have much to learn about this cms. Thanks again.
        • 225 Posts
        That was painless, problem solved. Thanks again guys.
          • 225 Posts
          Damn, I spoke too soon. Now the ajaxsearch is acting up. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I just get the little spinning graphic and the red ’x’, and that’s it. Plus, they moved from next to my button, to below it. I guess I will need to play with the css some. If thats not enough to piss me off, my damn sticky footer stopped working. It looks like it’s going to be a css filled day.
          • Make sure you’re logged out of the manager when testing ajaxsearch, or it definitely won’t work after the first time I think.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 225 Posts
              It always worked before when I was logged in, but I went ahead and tested it while being logged out. It didn’t do any good. Its still acting up. Thanks anyway.
                • 72 Posts
                I found a small validation issue in ajaxsearch templates-->paging1.tpl:
                The id generated from [+as.prev_grpResultId+] and [+as.next_grpResultId+] throws a validation error since the pagination is included twice,and thus there are same ids in the previous and next links in search results. The solution is simple really, just replace the ids in paging1.tpl with classes,so it becomes something like this:

<a class="[+as.prev_grpResultId+] paging1Prev" href="[+as.pagingPrev+]">

and
                <a class="[+as.next_grpResultId+] paging1Next" href="[+as.pagingNext+]">