We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    Noticed on the simple test demo page (http://www.revo.wangba.fr/simple-test-ajax.html) leaving the search box empty and clicking 'Search' the results show all site pages. I'm seeing the same behaviour on my installation (1.0.1 pl). Is this by design? Seems odd as there's a 'minchars' variable = 3.

Attempted for a few hours to disable this behaviour in advsearch.class.php but my head is spinning now wink

Any help greatly appreciated! Coroico?
      • 58 Posts
      Noticed on the simple test demo page (http://www.revo.wangba.fr/simple-test-ajax.html) leaving the search box empty and clicking 'Search' the results show all site pages. I'm seeing the same behaviour on my installation (1.0.1 pl). Is this by design? Seems odd as there's a 'minchars' variable = 3.

Update: After hours of looking through the code, discovered this hack to stop the livesearch results showing all site pages if the search box is empty ( ie, the prior search term has been deleted )

In assets/components/advsearch/js/advsearch.min.js delete
      &&st.length!=0
      in the if statement on line 54

Hoping this helps you too! As you may be aware, this mod would be overwritten if you upgrade advSearch.
        • 58 Posts
        Quote from: sottwell at May 13, 2013, 01:17 AM
        I don't understand this indexation.php business. A quick echo statement indicates that there are 1092 resources to index (after fiddling with the configuration), but it only lists 27 resources indexed.

What is this supposed to do, and why do I want to run it? Documentation is extremely sparse.

@sottwell Hi Susan, did you make any progress with this? All I see so far when running indexation.php is "Indexation strating ..." and a zero length file (read.lock.file) is created in assets/files/docindex.

Yet to find any documentation...

Thanks in advance
          • 142 Posts
          Hi, Is it possible to get Demo for faceted search?

I'm planning to have searchform with selectlist (or checkboxes), where user can narrow the search to specific area.

-Contacts
          -Services
          -Etc...

I have contacts, services, (etc) resources in separate containers in Resource tree.
          So if user selects "Search Contacts", the search will apply only for resources under "Contacts" -container?