We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 101 Posts
    Hi,

I’m using SimpleSearch 1.4.0 in Revo 2.1.1 and it’s mostly working - it successfully searches and returns the link for every search term no matter where (in which TV) the term is on the page, but I can only get it to show an extract of content that is in the main ’content’ TV.

Is it possible to have it show an extract from say, the ’pagetitle’ (which is used in H1 headings) or ideally a user-created TV, i.e. something like ’rightColumnContent’?
    • Hi, I was looking for something similar for advSearch, have you found a way?
        TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
        website
        • 1,717 Posts
        For advSearch see my post regarding this subject.

Rather to use extract you could also display a tv content by adding [+tvname+] in the result template (tpl). But in this case the searchterms are not highlighted.
          • 15 Posts
          I stumbled apon this problem when I realized that some of my blog posts only consist of [[*introtext]] with no content at all. It would be really really nice to display only [[*introtext]] where it exists and in all other cases an extract of content. Any ideas, anyone?
            • 534 Posts
            How about output modifiers? Didn't use advSearch yet (but will have to soon), so I'm not sure if they work with it, but something like

[[*introtext:default=`[[*content:ellipsis=`140`]]`]]

// or

[[+introtext:default=`[[+content:ellipsis=`140`]]`]]

could work!?
              • 388 Posts
              Someone find the answer??? sad

Same problem!!!
                --
                ysanmiguel.com